Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Arc
Admin
Admin

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) Empty
PostSubject: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 16th 2020, 7:47 pm

Jay had been working for the Academy and Institute both for a while now. The job was honestly great for him, as the workload wasn't so much that he wasn't free to do his own thing every once in a while. It did mean, however, that on occasion he'd have work that would otherwise have been done by someone else dumped on him too. This time, it was a rather troublesome request for a nest of dragons that were wreaking havoc with all of the nearby villages and towns. So much so that despite their rarity, they were slated for destruction as most evil creatures ended up. He was given the file, an address and instructions to deliver the file to the occupants due to the knowledge they happened to have on the creatures in question. He was a gofer, right now, in short. Though, perhaps it wasn't all bad...

When he reached the address he knocked on the door as etiquette dictated, but he could hear something from the garden that was an indication of presence of at least someone on the property. It was a sound he hadn't heard in a while, but it was unmistakably hammer on anvil. He was really close to just jumping the fence and getting the information delivery done with, but decided to at the very least knock once again...
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 8:48 am

A scrambling sound from somewhere beyond the door indicated that whoever else was in the garden certainly wasn't the only one home. Adorned in a mess of mismatched clothes --- clearly, ones worn for yard and housework, by the number of paint stains and dirt on everything from her nose to her feet --- a small, cheerful witch answered the door. Vibrant and lively, her soft purple eyes were apologetic at her state, but her voice was sweet, curious, "Hello?" She inquired, brows soon scrunching together as she tried to piece how it was that she recognized this man's face. Her academy days were long over at this point, though she and her weapon still occupied the Institute from time to time, what with Candace's state as a Hunter's Axe, now. A shift in the air indicated that this had to be someone related to one of the schools or other --- she could swear she could all  but taste magical energy on the wind, but she was known to have spats of strangeness as such.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 9:24 am

"Good day," Jay started, a little surprised to see a girl like her opening the door when he had been told to expect someone who had knowledge with dragons. Things weren't all based on appearance, however, especially when it came to magic-users, so it was only an initial thought and little more. "The Academy and Institute both have received word of a rather troubling infestation," he said, lifting the folder of documents to draw attention to it, "I was... Given the task to bring this information to this address and ask the occupant if they would be willing to put together a team and take care of it. I'm told you or the person out back or someone else has some experience with the rather rare type of creature that this so happens to be. I wish they had given me specific names, but this comes a little more from the Institute than otherwise and ancients are annoying with riddles at times."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 9:30 am

Her brow furrowed as she reached out for the documents. A rare creature? With some thought, she eventually toyed at the idea that it might be dealing with one of the monsters her or her loved ones had taken down in the past, though she didn't stop to consider dragons. At this point, she was so used to Yurio's presence, and the effects he and Glyn shared, that she didn't even think about their rarity anymore. "Pardon," she said, taking a step back to shout over her shoulder, in an attempt to spare Jay's ears. "Glyn? There's someone from the schools with a mission. I assume it's for you." Sure, she was a witch with a Hunter's Axe, but Glyndwr's power level was a whole different story, and besides which she and Candy had become a bit more domesticated the past year or so. Honestly, she'd lost track of time, and while they kept up their training and studying, they just hadn't taken to missions in a long while.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 10:22 am

The sound of metal on metal died down once Aurora had called for the other inhabitant. Jay looked towards the back of the house, curious to see who it was that was beating on an anvil in the back. 

Soon enough Glyndwr also arrived, kicking off a pair of boots at the back entrance to the house, conscious of the cleanliness of the inside. There was some measure of recognition on his face, as he spent plenty of time around the Academy where the particular sorcerer that brought him the news was often found. They were mere acquaintances, only rarely working together on anything only due to both teaching combat in some measure. "Don't have anyone for it down below?" he asked Jay immediately.

Jay, for one, was also surprised at this new arrival. He had never seen Yurio, so he didn't know about his knowledge on the creatures detailed within the extermination order he was going to hand off, so he didn't think to see him here. "Well, they think you're best for it," he said, opening up the folder a little and flicking his finger across the top, making the pages ruffle to a certain spot from where he took out a single page. "Here's the short of it, and the bit you sign to agree to do it, so," he said, producing a pen from within the quiver at his side and, laying the page across the front of the folder, handed it to Glyn.

"Dragons. Right." He said, skimming the page, also taking the pen from Jay. He finally put his signature at the bottom, though after a moment of seemingly deliberating on whether he should. Handing that page back to Jay, he tucked the folder under his arm.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 10:30 am

Aurora's brows seemed to furrow all over again from where she stood, now slightly off to the side to allow the pair of them space. "Dragons?" She said, the end of the word taking an upturn not unlike a squeak. Of course she was familiar with them, but the idea of hunting them had never crossed her mind. After all, her boyfriend and his.... soul partner? --- whatever they were --- were bound such that they were both teetering on the edges between draconic and human. Of course, people killed people all the time --- even non-KEs --- but typically that meant that either one or the other were in- "Have they gone mad?" She asked suddenly, sparking to realization and seeming outright upset by the notion. She could hunt, should she be asked, though she'd be relying very heavily on her weapon. If nothing else, she could heal.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 10:56 am

"No, and I even asked Yurio," Glyndwr said, turning to Jay to give him a polite nod and hand off the signed paper. 

Jay did the same, wordlessly turning around to leave. Dragons indeed...

Glyndwr shut the door and gave Aurora the folder. "They're going out of their way to attack people, and anything nearby, really," Glyndwr said, simply, expecting that the folder would be filled with proof and information on the nest. That and a location. He sighed and scratched at the back of his head. "Seems like dragons are rare enough that not even Institute students really have any experience, so they figured to just get someone who does. Can't blame 'em, really. Yurio agreed that it'd be like taking care of a bunch of Kishin Eggs, so he has no qualms, but he won't be coming along. Busy, would you believe it."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 11:06 am

She had meant the dragons being set for execution, but at least she knew that Yurio had granted a seal of approval. Still, her question was asked regardless, mostly, when Jay left and Glyn opted to explain to her further. Aurora let him finish his explanation, giggling softly as she suspected what ---or rather, who --- it was that was making him too busy for the endeavor. Opening the folder, she moved to the nearest piece of furniture and opted to use it as a seat, regardless of whether it was one, a table, a counter, or anything else of the sort. Shy of a vase or something, as long as it was solid it was fine by her. Skimming through the pages, she nodded softly, little pink tongue sticking out in the way it still did, after all of these years, whenever she was focusing on something. Surely Glyn would still make a comment on it, but for now she was worrying about the details of the mission. She might have to give Candy a call, and maybe even Rogue. After all, he had a small arsenal of partners.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 12:00 pm

"I think it's best to bring as many people as we can," Glyndwr said, choosing to sit next to her on the small chest of drawers near the door while looking over her shoulder at all the evidence and information she was looking through. He had the same sort of thought as her, meaning to infer more or less that she at the very least should come along. He was confident that plenty of other capable people would naturally string themselves along after that.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 12:13 pm

"I can name at least five if you invite me," she said absently, the tone almost a tease, indicating that she would very much prefer a formal invitation over merely the vague suggestion of such. "We'll have our hands full, but at least we can accomplish more with more allies." She looked up, then, turning to him and cocking a brow at him, "Are you sure that you're alright with this?"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 12:40 pm

"Plenty," Glyndwr said, nodding. The assumption was that Aurora would be coming along, that being the reason why he hadn't asked if she would be. "There's many individuals, there, but that means plenty monster souls to go around," he said, then stood himself up, stretching. "I'm linked with Yurio, not dragonkind. If he has no qualms, then I sure have no reason to have any."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 12:46 pm

She still seemed like she wanted to object, but she needed, turning her focus back to the folder to finish up the studying. Once finished, she closed it and handed it back to him, seeming to be thinking things over. Of course, she didn't need invited. She wanted to be, but their dynamic pretty much went in such a way that, unless it was her and Candy or he specifically asked her not to, she was likely to come along, invitation or no. This just seemed bigger somehow. "When do we need to head out?" She asked him, fishing through her working overalls for her phone, pulling it out and scrolling through contacts to find her partner.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 1:03 pm

"I don't know. We've got to get to Europe, for one, then rest up before we go in to be in tip-top shape. I'd say as soon as everyone can get themselves sorted," Glyndwr said, trying to mentally make something like a plan of action. Being affiliated with the DWMA made travel easy, but no faster. "I'm going to go grab some swords." Glyndwr said, wandering off towards the nearby small-room-turned-hoard.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 1:07 pm

She reached to stop him, hesitated, and then tugged at his arm until she pulled him closer. Standing, she reached up to give him a gentle, chaste kiss before letting him go on his way. For her own part, she set about contacting Candy, her simple, initial message reading only:

"Do you want to fight some dragons?"

Vaguely, it occurred to her that she should probably clarify that her boyfriend wasn't in trouble. Probably. It didn't register enough for her to bother, however, and she was too busy worrying about cleaning herself up and packing to hang by the phone. By the time she moved to check if Candy had replied, she'd already showered and was wandering around the bedroom in a fluffy robe, packing her mission bag and tossing clothes on the bed to put on once she was good and ready for them.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 1:33 pm

"Hmm?" Glyndwr seemed to think that Aurora had something more to ask or say, but was instead met with a kiss. It was appreciated, and he gave her a warm smile before he turned around to do what he was going to set out to do in the first place.

Wait, that guy is capable of doing something to piss you off that bad? Or is it just the other one that needs fighting? I'm in though. Lemme at em!

The reply was only partially serious, and only a few minutes later did a second reply come, even before Aurora would have time to check for the first.

Or do you mean, like, some actual dragons? Still in. We going alone or what's going on?

As far as Glyn was concerned, he fished out a large claymore, a shorter longsword and a thin rapier, then packed them into a rather awkward bag. Of course, he'd do more or less the same as Aurora after, but it took him a while to get it manageable.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 1:41 pm

Aurora laughed loudly at the initial message, likely alerting Glyn to her location in their otherwise quiet home. Shaking her head, she set about properly replying to the woman, offering more:

Quote :
Crazed dragon nest. Bring your boyfriend and the girls, if you'd like.

Aurora had been there when Candy and Rogue had moved in together... along with his partners. It was an odd arrangement, but Zoe wouldn't take any option that didn't involve her being at least in some sort of shouting distance of her charge. She was overprotective, but she meant well and she absolutely adored Candy --- and her effects on the man. The chakrams, which lived a good bit of distance from the pair, on a further out portion of the property, were crazy in the best of ways, too distracted with each other to much care about anything else that was going on unless they were specifically sought out. It worked out well for Rogue. Even with Zoe's obsessive protective nature, she did well to mind his privacy. Still, the whole arrangement seemed awkward, especially from the outside looking in.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 2:11 pm

I'll rally the troops! :P When and where?

The reply more or less was enough to see what she was going to try and do. As for the living arrangements; she was more than happy if she was with Rogue, despite anything else. Being able to get along with people was nice, too, and it was easy enough for Candy. 

Glyndwr entered the bedroom with his rather unwieldy package soon after hearing her laugh, though he wasn't specifically seeking her due to it but heading over there anyway. After placing the bag in the corner he went off to wash off the grime from the forge. Packing came after that.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 2:18 pm

Quote :
We're starting arrangements now. Just need a headcount.

She sent the message back and finished up packing her own bag. It was a bit much, but she was prepared for at least two weeks, on the off chance that things didn't go according to plan. After all, with hunts, one could never be too sure. Smiling, her half-damp hair a mess of waves around her, she watched Glyn move around the room, knowing full well that he was going to pack less, in no small part because he already had a bag of swords. Honestly, she would be happy if he brought at least three outfits.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 2:34 pm

Everyone!

The message was sent a short while later. Clearly, things weren't moving much slower on the other side. 

Glyndwr could see the amount that Aurora was packing well enough, so he more or less knew the sort of thing she expected. As far as hunts for monsters went, Aurora was certainly the expert, so he just tried to adjust. He dug out a small-ish duffle bag and managed about a week's worth of stuff.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 2:39 pm

Aurora beamed, moving over to plant a peck of a kiss on his cheek before setting about dressing herself properly. She seemed not to care about her hair in that moment, letting it be tangled and unruly while she dressed herself. She started noting how many rooms and seats they'd need --- sure, they could share one large one, but with three couples and... well, Zoe, it seemed best to work with at least three rooms of some kind. Regardless, that would be seven seats. Would they need to add more people to the mission? She certainly hoped not.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 2:49 pm

Glyndwr smiled again at another of her kisses, debating quickly mussing up her hair even more than it was before she moved away, though deciding that she'd probably have enough trouble fixing it without him making things worse. He moved on to get some comfortable travelling clothes on himself. "So how many have we got?" he asked, since he wasn't looking at Aurora's conversation himself.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 2:52 pm

"The entire Rogue gang," she told him, shimmying into a pair of comfortable pair of seemingly business pants. "We're at about seven between you and I and everyone over there." Her eyes met his and she beamed, looking somewhere between a total disaster and a proper fighter. A hot mess, perhaps. "I'm guessing they're already getting ready. It's hard to say. I know Siofra can be hard to get moving."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:03 pm

"Gotcha," Glyndwr said, nodding and smiling at disparity between the state of her and how bright her smile was. He was wearing a pair of jeans and a hoodie, just something comfortable to travel in. The clothing he usually wore to fight was good, but not so much for long journeys.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:06 pm

Aurora, more the castor and healer, generally sought out more fluid, mobile clothing that wouldn't get in her way. Glyn was far closer to a front line fighter, so she understood him not wearing missions clothes on trips. Herself and Candy, however? Well, they tended to hit the ground running. Left to their own devices, the pair would likely take off as soon as they went back over their notes and set about doing interviews with locals before establishing a gameplan. It meant that, in a lot of ways, Rogue and Glyn were their common-sense filters, and it could often seem like a full-time job. She'd not yet been on an actual mission with Rogue and his partners, but he had acted as a sort of escort in the past. Aurora was sure that they would work together fine, or at least well enough.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:22 pm

This time around, the difference was that they more or less had plenty of information to go off of. Enough that the nest came to the attention of the schools, which would have done their own investigating to boot. Still, taking some time before going off and just doing wasn't a bad idea when you knew your target wasn't going to be moving around and Glyndwr wouldn't be afraid to say so if anyone was going to rush off recklessly on him. Especially Aurora. After Glyndwr was done with clothing himself, he checked his stuff and put the bag next to the swords. He sat himself down, about ready to go at any time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next