Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:26 pm

"Rogue will get us," she asserted, in the same moment that he sent a message with nothing more than a car emoji. He'd had to trade in his old vehicle for a much more spacious one, and had been teased more than once that he had a mom-car. Honestly, he didn't himself care, especially when he had four people in his general household alone to chauffeur. He only somewhat trusted Siofra and Kira to drive themselves, but it was just more convenient to be able to drive Candy and her friends anywhere, so that she could focus on them instead of the road. He like it when she was happy. If he could make that easier to come by sometimes, then he would do so.

Of course, this meant that there would be seven people packed into the three-row not-quite-van-not-quite-SUV vehicle. At least it was only until the airport. Sort of.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:45 pm

"Thing I could strap the swords to the roof?" Glyndwr asked, also worried about space. Cars were cramped at the best of times, especially when you were the sort of person that was used to travelling in open air rather than in a closed vehicle, convenient as they were when it came to safety and comfort for the usual person.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:50 pm

"There's a cage on top, yeah," she said, recalling the number of missions that he had been hinted on going on. He didn't like to talk about most of them, acting like he was some sort of spy at times. After all, he wasn't just a meister. Still, she was a bit uneasy about it at times. "There should be plenty of space for them there."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 3:57 pm

Before Glyndwr established his training gig in the city he did a lot more, and rarely did overmuch that was all that dangerous. Now, he really couldn't just up and do anything without Aurora knowing about it. He preferred it that way, really. "Good. They would not be a good fit on the inside... Hey, want help getting your hair sorted while we wait?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 4:02 pm

She blinked for a moment, unsure of how he'd so easily jumped from one topic to the next. Subconsciously, she reached up to touch her hair, and her face flushed softly. Yes, she certainly should work it out before they left. It would only get worse if she didn't. "Ah... yes, please." She said finally, shifting on her feet a bit nervously, mostly from realizing her own forgetfulness.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 4:16 pm

He smiled gently at her realisation, then standing up to find a hair brush. Once he produced one, he sat back down and beckoned for her to approach.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 4:29 pm

They'd have time enough to get that much sorted out, but little else. Hardly had the brush been set down before another text appeared, this one literally just a door. Why was he like this? Shaking her head, she moved to pocket her phone, rewarding Glyndwr with another brief, though more passionate, kiss. "Looks like the cavalry's arrived." She told him, reaching for her suitcase and seeing if she was fast enough to grab his clothing duffle before he could.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 4:40 pm

Having just taken Aurora's hair from nest to somewhat neat, and having received his reward for doing so, he smiled warmly at her as he stood up. The race was really to see if she could grab her suitcase and his duffel before he could grab his duffel and her suitcase, so it ended up that he was carrying his bag and swords while Aurora had her stuff with her instead. "Makes a nice change. The cavalry's me, usually," he joked, filtering out of the the bedroom to go downstairs, put shoes on and sort storage for his weapons.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 4:51 pm

"You're more the guy that's told to disarm and ends up pulling entire rifles out of his boots," she corrected, her eyes gleaming teasingly as she looked at him over her shoulder before setting about the trip outside. There, the trio of girls was already situated in the very back row, Zoe looking out at them and giving a friendly, pleasant wave. Her smile was too big to be anything but excited, but her expression was otherwise stern, her senses ever on high alert. No one really knew how she ever got any sleep. The couple beside her, meanwhile, were talking and chattering in a strange blend of three or four different languages, interrupted only by the occasional correction of the third. Rogue, once parked, moved around to the back to open the trunk for suitcases and grab the cables to secure anything else to the roof.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 5:10 pm

"Kinda," Glyndwr agreed. He could just sort of pull things out of nowhere, so he couldn't disagree. Luckily, he's never been in a bind so bad that he had to disarm himself. Almost dying in the desert notwithstanding. 

Soon as Aurora was out of the house, Candy skipped right on over, wearing the usual colourful clothing she was well known for. "Where'd you find a bunch of dragons at?" she asked, though ignoring rather obviously the part-one that was standing behind her. 

Glyndwr let the strap on the sword bundle fall from his shoulder and into his hand as he approached Rogue. "Mind tying my sharp things on top?"
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 5:16 pm

"You mean again?" She asked with a gentle laughter. "Apparently they've gotten bad enough that the schools were notified. Kneeling, she sifted through a pouch in the suitcase in order to produce the folder they'd been given, holding it out to her so that she could examine it. "It's a good thing you like to read," she said in warning, with how much heft was in the folder. This done, she zipped her suitcase up and nodded for Candy to join her as she went around to the back of the car. All the while, Rogue was silently setting about tightly, carefully securing the bundle of weapons safely to the top of the vehicle. It would be a bad time for everyone if they got loose.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 5:38 pm

"You've got a talent for it, huh?" Candy asked playfully, giggling, as she went through the folder at a considerably higher clip than Aurora and Glyndwr had. Practice makes perfect. 

"Thanks," Glyndwr said, going around the car to put away his own bag. While he was there, making sure that his stuff was secure and not liable to fly off and dome someone in front in the event of a crash, he asked Candy a question. "You sitting shotgun or with Aurora? I feel like with how the arrangements are looking right now it's more or less up to you, no?"

Candy, rather than answer, looked to Aurora for her opinion instead.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 5:46 pm

Aurora shrugged openly. Either way, she'd be hopped in the middle row with whomever and she'd likely still pester whoever took on shotgun. It was childish, but at least it was honest. "You can flip a coin for it. Either way, someone's getting their ear talked off."

"Some one?" Rogue piped up, brow raising though his attention wasn't directed just at the girls --- the chatterbox pair in the back had already been going on and on since they'd left the house. Before, even.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 5:59 pm

"Oh, if you're both indifferent, then I guess I'll take shotgun. I'm longer," Glyndwr made the decision when both of them deferred, shrugging and walking off towards the front of the car. 

"I've survived a few years, I can take a bit more," Candy said, saluting to Glyndwr as he walked off, the folder under her arm making her look more ridiculous in doing so, then turning to Aurora with her teasing grin for a moment. She went off to take a seat in the middle, behind Rogue.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 6:03 pm

This left Aurora in a pleasant place, essentially situated between her lover and her partner, and she was immediately trying to play with Glyn's hair once she'd settled in and begun to talk. "So, there's more than enough data there that I don't think we have to worry too much about gathering intel-" Somehow, part of her knew that whatever she was about to say next was going to be shut down by Glyn telling her that no, she couldn't run right into a fight and yes, she needed to sleep after they landed first.

Zoe, for her part, kept her senses keen both on Rogue himself and their surroundings. She'd learned long ago that Death City was both mostly safe and a bit of a catalyst for disaster. Sure, there were more dangerous places to be, but she liked to be sure what she was getting into, and after a moment she would tap on Candy's shoulder, holding her hand out for the folder with a beaming gaze. With so many people talking, she didn't want to add to the noise.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 6:16 pm

Candy, being just about done with it herself, was about to pass it off to someone or other anyway. Really, considering that Zoe was the only one that hadn't seen the contents already and wasn't also very much distracted with someone or something else, it would have likely been her anyway. 

As Aurora played with his hair, Glyndwr leaned his head back towards her as much as he could. He liked it, and he was also of the opinion that doing things to make your girlfriend happy was the way to go. His head did start turning when he thought she might make a silly suggestion, but he just chuckled when she stopped herself.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 6:19 pm

Zoe thanked her quietly before propping open the folder and going over every detail of its contents, trusting the plethora of weapons and magic users alike to keep them safe, should the need arise. If nothing else, she certainly trusted Rogue's driving. Nothing would go wrong. Nothing would go wrong.

Aurora shrugged, twirling his hands around her fingers before combing through it again. "....Anyway, the point is that we shouldn't need to do very many interviews this time around, unless we think that we can find someone to help us gauge tactics or what-have-you, but if dragons are going rogue then I have to think that they're simply out of their minds..."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 6:39 pm

"Folder doesn't say why, but looking at the pics it totally looks like they're nuts," Candy said, recalling the contents she looked through a moment ago. "Only think that's missing is a layout of their lair, I think. Weird kind of thing to be missing, I think."

At this point Glyndwr was turning his head slightly to try and get Aurora to hit different spots, though trying kind of to look like he was just trying to listen to the conversation the two were having behind him. Wasn't all that slick.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 7:17 pm

"They wouldn't know if people didn't make it out," Zoe said reflexively, recalling the basics of survivorship bias, "This is the information they could get without everyone that saw it or retrieving it dying or just going missing. So if there's no recounts of their lair than anyone that went in it-"

"-Never came back out?" Aurora finished nervously, her fingers obsessively twirling Glyn's hair in more of a fidget now than just toying with it. She didn't like the thought, but then again most people that were mentioned in the file appeared to be mundane. If they made it out --- injured or dead even --- they weren't magic users or weapons or meisters. Their entourage, at least, had that much going for them.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 7:24 pm

"Or nobody bothered because it is very dangerous for anyone that isn't a band of people like us. Still, a local library in one of the towns might have a map from before they moved in archived away," Glyndwr finally piped up, trying to calm Aurora's nerves with a little more positive thinking. "Worth checking out."

"Nobody thinks about the libraries..." Candy muttered, mostly inaudibly, with a little pout.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 7:28 pm

It wasn't that Aurora didn't think about libraries, but rather that she knew that Candace never stopped doing so. They could be in the largest library in the world and she would still want more. There was no sating her bibliophilia. That was just the way that things were. Still, Aurora was more than a little nervous about the entire ordeal, and thus she was more inclined to worry about the worst, even when her overall energy seemed to pick back up and she seemed mostly like her normal self.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 8:10 pm

It's not the size of the library that matters, it's the content. Or something like that... Candy was sitting there mostly trying to keep from bothering Rogue at the wheel while watching Aurora do as she liked with Glyndwr. She couldn't have nothing, though, that'd be too boring. "Rooogue, Zoe's scaring Auroraaa," she said, like she was tattling to a responsible adult like the child she often acted a little too much like despite her age.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 8:15 pm

"Zoe scares everyone." He said bluntly, though he shook his head as he tried to hide the smirk that threatened to give away his silent chuckle. "Do I need to turn the car around already?"

Zoe shook her head, reaching forward and gently flicking Candy on the shoulder. 'No, bad.' It said. She'd done it before, many times. Still, she reached into the back of Candy's seat, pulled out the Axe's portable console Rogue had gotten her for her last birthday, and handed it to her. At least someone had to make sure everyone was entertained.

Aurora, meanwhile, giggled softly, cocking a brow at Candy. "Aren't you like.... the oldest? Or, second oldest, I guess."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 8:21 pm

Candy looked around as first Rogue denied her, then Zoe followed up with a one two punch followed by a knockout blow from Aurora. Holding the console in her hands she leaned forward again and ignored what happened in the last few moments to do it all over again. "Rogue, they're being mean to me," she whined again, pouting, though immediately leaned back in her seat to play whatever game happened to be loaded.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2020, 8:26 pm

Rogue flat-out snorted, shaking his head. They both knew that she was lucky his chakrams hadn't hopped into the ring with them; they would never stop once they started. At any rate, he was going to continue to seem detached while driving, in lieu of getting wholly distracted and causing troubles.

Aurora, after seemingly putting Glyn to sleep --- or she thought she had --- leaned over to watch Candy's game over her shoulder, leaning on such and watching idly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next