Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Arc
Admin
Admin

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 1:42 pm

And so Candy would search. She mostly searched for entries in published archives of these libraries, for anything that might contain the map which was missing from the reports. She figured, if someone hasn't already found it, she'd have to dig deep too. Of course, finding that something potentially promising exists isn't usually good enough and usually requires going out to get the information.

"I personally only know one dragon, though he's mentioned that he never much thought about finding more of his species. Don't know if that's just him or if it means they would ordinarily be solitary. Anyway, this lot is acting very strange. Dragons, if Yurio is anything to go by, are plenty clever enough to know what not to attack if they don't want people's attention; which I imagine isn't something most monsters want," Glyndwr theorised, from his experiences. He knows much more about the individual than the collective. "A wyvern, I reckon, would have a harder time getting in the air. A true dragon can flap their wings with four legs on the ground, while doing something else. A wyvern, not so much, just thinking of the shape. And yeah, the membrane of their wings would be more in the way than a dragon that can fold their wings away if need be. Can't buffet you with their wings while attacking with their forelegs either."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 3:01 pm

Aurora seemed mostly, if not entirely, oblivious to their conversation as she did her own own research, taking notes all the while. It wouldn't be surprising if they found out that she was no longer even registering their presence.

Zoe nodded, making more notes. The short of her tactics would then be to go for the wings, but she would mostly be telling that to Rogue. She could defend him, but only up close. He would have to throw the chakrams otherwise, and even then Kira would be cuffed to him. He'd mostly be making use of Siofra's versatility. That reminded her. "You're a Utility Meister as well, right, Glyndwr?" If they didn't know already, they'd find that she would only refer to people by their full first name. Even Rogue.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 5:25 pm

"That I am. I've never come across anyone I can't wield, though I've found that resonance is impossible to me for every weapon," Glyndwr confirmed, also nodding as he did so. He didn't feel the need to mention it, but in all his time as a meister he has only felt one rejection. It's a wonder he never thought to try learning how to perform a Soul Menace.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 5:28 pm

Zoe nodded, pondering for a moment before holding a hand out, tapping at her own curiosity in this moment. If he could wield anybody then it would be worthwhile seeing if he could handle Rogue's weaponry. They would be working together after all. "Try me?" she tried to ask, though her voice accidentally made it come out more as a command, and she winced, offering an apologetic smile at the mistake.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 6:05 pm

Glyndwr, just giving her a friendly smile in response to her apologetic one. He stood up from where he was sitting and approached, rather confident of his ability to wield most any weapon. He took the hand offered.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 6:16 pm

Hardly had he made physical contact with her before she morphed into her weapon form, attaching to him like some semi-solid thing and snaking along his arm before gliding down his torso and forming into the standard vest she was known for. By the looks of things, neither of them were rejecting each other, and that was certainly a good sign. Pausing to get a feel for where everything was in the room, she waited before suddenly firing out her spikes. They weren't things she could launch, at least not without souls under her belt, but they extended out without issue, stopping a hair away from every object they could reach. Aurora didn't flinch.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 6:32 pm

"That's unique," Glyndwr managed after the whole display. It made sense that the protector would have such a form, even if weapon forms didn't always align with that sort of thing. He himself had no doubt that he could match her, but he didn't mind demonstrating his talents if it helped teamwork along any. Though, if he was going to be using any of Rogue's weapons at all during the fight, Zoe was the least likely of them all. "That enough?" he asked, to prompt her to turn back.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 8:03 pm

The spikes retracted and she seemed almost to leap off of him, landing in front of him in a lose that encouraged the comparison. "Your soul is remarkably stable. I think the girls will be able to work with you easily." She dusted herself off, needlessly, and began gathering up her research, only to reorganize it and lay it out a different way. "Kira has a cuff, so she's not easy to pass, but Siofra could easily be a..." She laughed, a surprisingly girlish giggle for the normally more serious girl, "fidget spinner of death, as she likes to think on it."
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 8:09 pm

Glyndwr, always the friendly sort that cared for the wellbeing of most people was glad to see that Zoe wasn't all serious all the time. It could be difficult, living like that, he imagined. "... So you live with a bouncy ball and fidget spinner both?" He asked, after a pause to raise an eyebrow. Of course, he knew that the actual form was that of a chakram, as that is what the two were referred to as often enough. "Anyway, I assume Rogue can make use of Candy, too, so we've got a pretty flexible team if we're talking keeping unpredictable."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 8:25 pm

"Easily," she said, pausing for a moment to look at Aurora. It didn't feel right to think that she could wield the chakrams. Hell, even Candy's personality was similar enough to hers that it didn't seem to make rightful sense for them to match. But they did. She supposed it could have something to do with the girl's healing wavelength or something, but it was anybody's guess. She almost wanted to see if she could shift onto her. Still, Aurora was too distracted.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 8:40 pm

There were a few minor differences in the way that Candy and Aurora operated, though largely they were similar, to explain why they were compatible. Maybe they were like two sides of the same hyper coin, that somehow counted enough for their souls to match. It was around this point that Glyndwr decided to see what it was that she was doing, specifically, in the realms of research. He stood behind her and down over her shoulder at the devices she was using, placing a hand atop her head for good measure.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 9:21 pm

At some point over the years she'd adjusted to his presence well enough that, with the proper care, he didn't even seem to spook her. Smiling, she turned her head to look up at him, pulling cordless earbuds from her ears and pausing a video that had been running on the tablet --- news coverage by the looks of it. "Yes?"
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 9:24 pm

That probably explained how she ignored him and Zoe so well. He pointed down to the tablet, and spoke, now that he had her attention. "Was wondering what you were looking at, or for."
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 9:49 pm

"Anything," she answered honestly, closing the notebook and handing it to him. It was a thin, spiral bound thing with sticky tabs added to the sides of pages to indicate their content. The first said rumors, the second news, a third had 'Conspiracy' written down it in spooky lettering, a fourth said background in much smaller letters, and the last one read 'other.' Conspiracy had the most, as it was full of the rumors-turned-mythos of the area, which were desperately extensive.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 9:55 pm

"I'm starting to realise how you've been managing to find all the things that slipped by the schools' attentions," Glyndwr said, looking quickly over the tabs in the notebook. Yeah, it wasn't like rumours popped up out of nowhere. Though the monsters were known to them now, there might be pertinent information in what people said even now. He didn't open the notebook just yet. If she found anything important he was sure she'd let everyone know. He ruffled her hair a little, careful not to mess it up too badly, as he handed it back.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 10:08 pm

She beamed. Years of working beside Candy had done wonders for her study habits, though perhaps a little late in some aspects. Still, she'd managed this much and she was probably going to continue until late. It might turn out to be better if they ordered food, but it wasn't quite time for that yet. Well, maybe a slightly late lunch.

Zoe, for her part, was busy repeating her own working process: she would take notes, rearranging the pile of papers, and repeat until she could pull nothing new from them. Really, the majority of what she seemed to be finding was a single name: Rhead Simmons. Unbeknownst to her, the name kept popping up in Aurora's notes too. They'd find out later, when they all got together.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 10:20 pm

Glyndwr had the mind and skills for acting more than finding out about the things he was going to be acting on; not that he couldn't do the other to some degree if he needed, but he figured he'd do his part later when it came to figure out a concrete plan of action. For now, he decided to sit himself down and rest, spending some time on drawing up a few designs for his metalwork.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 10:39 pm

Aurora put her pencil down and packed her technology away about the time Zoe stopped reading over her notes and dismissed herself. She wandered off to her room thusly, and was rather surprised to notice commotion in the hallway as kids ran back and forth, much to their parents annoyance, firing foam darts at each other. Well, it seemed that the place had some noise cancellation, or else she'd simply been too engrossed to notice. Making a mental note of it, she stepped around the children and made her way to her room.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 11:01 pm

Glyndwr, despite his stellar hearing, was engrossed in his sketching and ignored mostly everything up until he saw that the two girls were doing something other than simply staring at the information in front of them. Obviously, he could hear once the door was open. "Done?" he asked Aurora.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 11:03 pm

Aurora nodded, moving over to the bed with him, notebook in hand. She flopped beside him, laying on her stomach and opening the notebook. Her plan was to read the notes to him aloud and get input, as well as to make any adjustments or further notes on them. It would take a little bit, but it could prove useful.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 19th 2020, 11:20 pm

He put the pad he had been drawing his sketches on to the side, seeing Aurora lay down next to him and open her own. He'd listen if she wanted to share, or alternatively, watch her if she just wanted to go over them for herself.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2020, 11:21 am

She had already made note of the name she'd seen over, and over again, to the point that there was even just a page in the conspiracy section specifically for every mention of his name. It was odd, for it to be coming up so much, but she was unsure of what exactly it meant. Still, that was almost the only thing of note from her research, other than the ins and outs that would inevitably lead to battle tactics later on, but that he already knew about.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2020, 1:21 pm

So, with a name that seems to be tied up with the dragons somehow, one of the things to do would certainly be to track down this person or at least some information on them. Between that and the map which Candy was making an effort towards, there was probably quite a bit of work ahead of them all.
Back to top Go down
LeolaniLiaMay
Admin
Admin
LeolaniLiaMay

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2020, 1:32 pm

Lunch time came and went without any of them seeming quite focused enough on eating to do anything about it. However, around the time that Aurora started mentioning the concept of dinner, a knock would be heard outside each of their doors.
Back to top Go down
Arc
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeJuly 20th 2020, 2:02 pm

Glyndwr and Candy were the first to come to the door for their respective rooms, Glyndwr since he happened to be closer and Candy since she happened to be more awake.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)   Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani) - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Here be Dragons (Monster Hunt, Arc/Lani)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next