Soul Eater Roleplay

Welcome to SERP, a roleplaying site for the all time favorite anime, Soul Eater!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New to Death City (Dead Topic)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

New to Death City (Dead Topic) Empty
PostSubject: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 1:39 pm

Shizu darted out of her apartment door. Today was the day! She had just moved to Death City a few days ago and she had already enrolled in the popular academy known as the Death Weapon Meister Academy, or DWMA for short. Even though classes didn't start for a few days, she wanted to get a sneak peak at the building.

Her hair, which was put up in a ponytail to stay off of her face, flew in all directions as she ran along the city streets. The sun, as always, was chuckling softly. Shizu looked up at it and smiled as it did. Today was going to be a fun day.

When the meister finally arrived at the gigantic building,  she marveled at its stunning and somewhat intimidating structure. Every detail had been carefully crafted, which made it look that much better! She walked over and sat on the almost never-ending stairs and looked at the bright blue sky.

Last edited by Shizu on June 11th 2014, 4:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 2:05 pm

Aesop ran his fingers through his hair, marveling at his reflection in the barber shop's window. It was strange not being able to pull his hair back anymore. But it was a good sort of strange. He smoothed out his hair and straightened his tie. This was a new beginning, he told himself, a chance to reinvent yourself.

He glanced over at the stairs leading to the school. Perhaps he could get a closer look? Aesop began to wander over, interested in getting a better feel for his new school.

It wasn't long before he noticed the girl sitting on the steps. The first thought running through his head when he saw her being: Holy crap, she's adorable. It took all his willpower not to run over and squeeze her till she popped. Making himself appear as calm as possible he walked up to the tiny girl.

"Hello there, Miss. My name is Aesop Fable, may I ask for your name?"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 2:16 pm

Shizu had gone into a state of day-dreaming. This didn't happen too often, but when it did she always ended up being embarrassed by zoning out completely and missing something someone said to her. When she heard the voice of someone near her she jumped in surprise and looked over.

As soon as she came back down to earth she looked up and replied quickly,"Oh! I-I'm Shizu!  Er, Shizu Rensu is my full name." She then put her knees together, placed her hands on her skirt and looked up with a smile. I hope he didn't ask me for my name more than once... that would be so embarrassing!

Even though she had only been in the city a few days, she had come to know a lot of people. Though he was not one she had met as of yet. "Are you new here?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 2:33 pm

Aesop's mouth twitched at the girl's nervous tone. Once again, adorable. He held his hands behind his back in an attempt to appear more reserved than he actually felt.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Shizu," Aesop smiled, "I'm new here as well. I just found out I was a weapon last month, and you?" He held out his hand in a welcoming gesture.

He stared up at the school building, "To be honest, I'm a bit nervous. A school where you learn how to kill things seems a bit... intense."
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 3:45 pm

She looked at his hand and shook it gently. "There were some people from here that were going door to door, looking for recruits like usual. My mom thought I should go and as luck would have it.... I can weild weapons!" She explained in brief.

Shizu looked at the building then nodded. "Yeah, I guess it is, huh? Well... its Death City at after all..." she replied in somewhat of a whisper. Then she shook her head and stood. "But the people aren't that bad..." she added with a quiet tone and small grin.

A little bit of noise drifted over from the basketball court nearby, which made the meister grow a little distracted.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2014, 4:43 pm

"Oh, so your a meister then, Miss Shizu?" Aesop straightened up hopefully, "You're a meister... and I'm a weapon..." He rocked on his heels like a giddy schoolgirl, his 'subtle' comment hanging in the air. He cleared his throat when he realized what he was doing.

He nodded in agreement, eager for the distraction. "Heh, I suppose you do have to expect things like that in a place called Death City. But even with all that, statistically speaking there's more good than bad in the world."

He followed her gaze toward the basketball court, "Do you play, Miss Shizu?"
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 2:26 pm

When the weapon mention that he, indeed was a weapon... it got Shizu to think about a possible partnership, but she wasn't quite ready to ask if he was interested. She looked back at him after he asked the question then shook her head. "Not really I'm not a huge sports fan..." she replied.

When the basketball game was starting to end, Shizu cast her gaze towards the academy once more. It was lively with meisters and weapons, even though classes weren't in session. "It seemed like there wouldn't be this many people here when I first enrolled... I guess I underestimated how many people are actually weapons and meisters...."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 10:51 pm

"I'm more of a swimmer myself," Aesop stated, "I've never really been into team sports."

He looked up to the school along with Shizu. His fingers fiddling with the skull-shaped tack on his tie. "There do seem to be a lot of people here. But that's probably because there's only one DWMA," he pondered, "Weapons have to come and weapons need meisters so that doubles the school population. All the weapons in the world and all the people who want to be meisters... It's bound to get crowded."

Aesop rubbed his chin in thought, "Perhaps if they made another DWMA? I've heard the less people that classrooms have, the easier it is to learn. If a few graduated students were willing to take the time and money to do it, I'm sure it could work." He paused, realizing he was going off on a tangent.

"Ah, sorry about that. I really need to learn not to ramble," he let out a nervous giggle and mentally slapped himself for failing to be the gentleman he was trying so hard to be.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 11:03 pm

Shizu somewhat giggled at his sudden apology and replied,"No, that's perfectly fine. Every one tends to ramble from time to time, right?" She then folded her hands behind her back and rocked back and forth on her heels. The chatter of a few students caught her ears, there was another fight going on, which was quite common.

The more the meister to be thought about it, the more she realized that she'd need to find a partner... And fast. The enrollment for freshmen was tomorrow and most of the weapons and/or meisters have already started to pair up... without thinking she asked,"So, have you paired up with a meister yet?"

Embarrassment.  That was all she felt and it was written all over her face. What if he did and then things were going to be all awkward?! Or if he was just going to be a solo weapon?! Shizu tried not to look him in the eyes and just stood still. Maybe the question would just remain unanswered and it would just be taken as a meaningless comment!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 11:26 pm

Aesop blinked in surprise at her question. Was she asking what he thought she was asking? Or was it just general curiosity?

"Well, I'm not really..." He could feel his old, timid habits seeping back into him. He laced his fingers through his hair in a nervous manner. The toe of his left kicked up dust.

No.

He came here to start over. To leave behind that shy airhead and become a gentleman. Someone that could be respected. He needed a meister and she needed a weapon. It would be idiotic to pass up such an opportunity.

What did a gentleman do when asking a lady an important question? He wracked his brain before finally settling on an answer.

"Miss Shizu," Aesop clasped one of her hands in both of his and bent down on one knee, "Will you do me the honor of being my meister?" The delivery seemed about right to him.

Or was that just for marriage proposals?
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 27th 2014, 11:47 pm

At first... Shizu was surprised. Her face was a bit flushed and her cheeks glowed a light pink. She looked down at the weapon and tucked a piece of her hair behind her right ear.

"Me?" She managed to spit out after a moment. "O-of course!" She ended, finally processing the thought a few times over.

Though she had to admit, this scene did look a bit... odd. I mean it looked exactly like a marriage proposal. Or at least romantic in one way or another. And naturally, this gained some unwanted attention.

Shizu ignored the few glances they had recieved and grinned softly. In the breeze that had just started to pick up, the ends of her skirt started to blow around in all directions. This, along with her hair. She hadn't really noticed yet, but a few dark grey clouds had started forming. This looked like rain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 12:14 am

"That's wonderful!" Aesop grinned and against his better judgment, hugged the girl. He cleared his throat and backed off when he came to his senses.

The cold blast of air hit him, ruffling what hair he had left and pierced through the shirt material his waistcoat didn't cover up. He looked up to see the forming rain clouds. Aesop wiped the first rain drop off of his face. The droplets quickly gained speed and quantity. Aesop pulled off his waistcoat and placed over Shizu's head.

"We should get inside, Miss Shizu," he hunched over and folded his arms over his chest.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 5:01 am

The meister simply looked at him and nodded. "Where should we go? The Academy is still all the way up the stairs..." she asked with a hint of concern.

Her eyes squinted as it started to get a bit difficult to see. When a roll of thunder in the distance was heard, Shizu's eyes widened some, showing fear. She held onto on the waist coat for dear life... The sound of thunder had always scared her, even since being a child.

"And we need to go, fast." She managed to add as she looked up at the dark sky.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 5:38 pm

Aesop kept his arms folded over his chest as his button-up began to stick to his back. Rain and white shirts did not mix well and he thanked Lord Death that the binder underneath was white as well.

"The shops are closer by," Aesop pointed out, "We could wait out the storm in one of them."

He noticed Shizu's growing alarm and couldn't help but grow a little wary himself. It's only a storm. He reminded himself. With one arm still folded over himself, Aesop took his new meister's hand and began leading her over to one of the nearby stores.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 8:43 pm

Silently, Shizu thanked Aesop for leading her because frankly, she would've been too paralyzed to move on her own. Thankfully, the weapons assumption was correct and many stores were open despite the storm. Her now sopping wet shirt clung to her skin and once they got into shelter, she wrung it out in an attempt to get the water out.

"Stupid weather forcast... I-it was supposed to be sunny all day, not raining cats a dogs..." the meister muttered with distaste. She hung up the coat that her new weapon had leant to her and thanked him a few times over. "Thank you so much!" She would say with an ear to ear grin.

Her discomfort caused by the sudden thunderstorm had slowly faded into nothing once she was dried off and warm. She still would growl at the sight of her wet skirt and had to tighten her belt to keep it from slipping off due to all the extra weight...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:10 pm

"Think nothing of it, Miss Shizu," Aesop slipped his coat back on, "It was merely common courtesy." The waistcoat was still wet and clung to his shirt, but at least he felt more comfortable standing up straight.

He looked around the store they had taken refuge in. It looked to be a thrift shop; old VHS tapes and clothes his grandparents would have worn lined the walls.

"Well, while we're here it wouldn't hurt to look around," Aesop strolled further into the shop, "I've been meaning to get some silverware anyway."
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:19 pm

OOC: this isn't like, a REALLY private rp is it? Cause you're both just so new, and you aren't half bad role players as well, which makes you guys EVEN better! D'awww, who am I kidding! You guys probably don't want boring ol' Sov poppin' in on you guys...do ya?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:29 pm

(OOC: I don't mind if Shizu doesn't mind.)
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 10:36 pm

(OOC: I don't mind! It was just labeled private for that time being, but if you want to jump in, thats perfectly fine by me.)

"I guess thats a sensible idea. " she replied and took a quick glance at their surroundings. The smell was a bit difficult to describe... in one word, old. There were old toys, knickknacks, furniture, vases and even more.

Shizu looked along the shelves of the shop and stands on her tiptoes to get a better look at the merchandise. The more she browsed, the more intrigued her expression looked.

"Now how do you suppose this thing works?" She asked and pointed at a marionette, obviously having never seen one before.
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 11:06 pm

Droon randomly pops up from behind the stores counter wearing a sombrero and a burka, preventing them from even knowing it was him, unless they noticed red eyes or recognized his voice "I beleive I might be of assistance miss!" He calls out, pretending to be the store clerk. Whatever happened to the original would have to remain a mystery for now. Unless they checked the back...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2014, 11:11 pm

Aesop set down a plate he had been looking at and turned to the marionette. His eyes lit up when he saw it.

"Oh, I remember those things," he gently untangled the strings, "My grandparents owned a few a them and me and my siblings would play with them whenever we'd visit." He made the little marionette walk across the floor towards Shizu.

"Hello there, Miss Shizu," Aesop spoke for the toy in a high pitched tone, "How are you this fine, sunny day?" He made the marionette do a little bow.

He turned in surprise to the 'store clerk'. "Oh, hello! I'm actually thinking of purchasing this myself," he looked at the marionette fondly.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 7:25 am

The young meister chuckled at the marionette's remark which was bith adorable and sarcastic... for it was still pouring outside. "Im doing fine, thank you Mister Marionette. " she replied with a curtsy.

Shizu would've been lying to herself had she said that this store clerk hadn't startled her at first. When he called her out, she nearly toppled over! Then again, for all she knew she just might not have been paying attention in the first place...

As the weapon went to purchase the strung puppet, Shizu took a bit closer of an examination of this store clerk. To her at least, his appearance was a bit strange. But as she said, that wasat least her opinion
Back to top Go down
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև
Honorary Staff
Honorary Staff
Ꭶ☢Ѵʊℛև

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 7:40 am

"EXCELLENT GOOD SIR, MOST EXCELLENT INDEED! A FINE PURCHASE TO BE SURE!!" He shouts loudly while leaning over to keep them from looking in the back room, twiddling what appears to be a fake mustache through his burka. His yelling almost seemed to be covering another noise, like a muffled shout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 2:05 pm

Aesop couldn't help but lean back when the 'store clerk' began to shout. He looked over to Shizu in confusion, as if she had an explanation for all of this nonsense.

"Right, thank you," he nodded, "You wouldn't happen to have any silverware would-" He stopped for a moment, a look of bafflement sweeping across his face.

"Did you hear something?" Aesop asked the supposed store clerk.
Back to top Go down
Shizu
Seasoned Member
Seasoned Member
Shizu

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2014, 3:39 pm

The meister simply shrugged when Aesop looked at her and took a step back. Her foot caught on something and that 'thing' nearly made her topple over. She gasped at the shdden suprise and caught herself before ramming into one of the shelves.

"Whew... that was close." She muttered and fixed her ridiculous looking stance.

With a glance from the clerk to the weapon, Shizu stepped closer towards the desk... almost swearing she had heard something... "I think I did..." she replied and investigated for the sound's origin. "...And I think it came from around here."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to Death City (Dead Topic)   New to Death City (Dead Topic) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New to Death City (Dead Topic)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next